Saturday, January 24, 2009

Been through it all before....

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible."
- Arthur C. Clarke


I know I’ve said before that there’s so much I feel like writing about the 4Life Research business opportunity, but somehow today, I’ve hit a brick wall. I can’t seem to think of any particular topic to write about. So be warned, this might end up to be just ramblings with no direction and no point made.

If I remember correctly, I did that once in another blog. I wrote a whole post without making any kind of point. I got smacked in the head for that. The post was pretty long and one of my friends read it. She read the whole post before finally realizing that I wasn’t actually saying anything or even trying to make a point. I’ll try not to do that here.

MLM Junkies

I think what I’m going to do in this post is to tell you about my previous experience in MLM and network marketing. There are some members of my family who are MLM junkies. They go from one MLM company to another every 6 months or so and make money by recruiting people. I don’t think they believe in the product or the company much. But they do make money recruiting people.

At first, my aunts and uncles, the MLM junkies couldn’t really figure out how to rope in my siblings and I into the MLM business. We were a bit sceptical about the whole thing. But then one day, one of them talked to my dad about their latest MLM program at that time, and he bought into it. So he joined and made a few of us, his kids join too.

The first MLM business I joined was a local company selling daily household products. Some of the products were quite good, so I thought since I was already in, might as well give it a try. So I did the business. I managed to recruit a few people, make some money on the side, all this while working a full time job. After a while, I was following my uncle all around the country on weekends on his recruiting talks. He was a pretty good speaker and he did quite well in the business.

Jumping From One Program To Another

But one of my aunties wasn’t very happy with the way things were going. She wasn’t earning much so she decided to move to another MLM program and she managed to convince her downlines, and some of ours to join her in the new program. I lost quite a considerable income. After she had done that, she convinced my dad to do the same, move over to the new MLM program and he brought us with him. So that’s when we started to move from one MLM to another.

I think in the space of 6 years, I probably joined and left more than 10 different MLM programs. Some of the programs I followed my dad (after the 3rd program I was already very reluctant) and a couple of them I joined on my own (Amway, via Network 21 and Enrich). Some of the programs I joined were quite good.

Had Enough

In 2003, I had enough. I had been to probably a few hundred talks on MLM programs. I realized I wasn’t building a business of any kind. I was just earning from the recruitment. In fact, when I think back, probably more than half of the products weren’t any good. We just made money from recruiting. That’s when I decided to quit. I didn’t want to be a part of this industry anymore. I wanted to build a business, watch it grow, earn from the hard work and contribute back to the people and the society that helped me build my business.

So I guess you must be wondering why I decided to join 4Life Research after 5 years being out in the cold. I can’t really say why. I looked at the product, looked at the company and the rewards plan, and thought “Hey, this is something I can do.” I’ve done it before with crappy products, built networks selling junk, this should be much easier. It’s a superb product. The rewards plan is great and we’re partnering up with a company with lots of potential. I guess it was time for me to start building my business.

Making A Comeback

So here I am, back in the network marketing industry, a new program and a new product. I haven’t spoken to anyone from my old networks about it yet. Most of them have become sceptics and wouldn’t go anywhere near another MLM program. I will talk to some of them one of these days and explain to them the business, but only after I’ve proven to them that it could work. I know a couple of them are watching me, wanting to know how I progress. If I do well, then I know they will join me and bring their network with them.

As for now, before I can bring them in, I’ve got a lot of recruitment to do and a lot of translations too (Very inconvenient to have most of the literature and materials in English).

P/s: Sorry I haven't got any photos again. I'll try and find something and paste it her in the some other day

No comments:

Post a Comment