Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Satisfaction

I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
- Henry David Thoreau


This morning I was chatting with someone on Yahoo Messenger. I was talking about the 4Life Research business opportunity and how it could help people like me, freelancers to supplement our income. The problem of being a freelancer is that there are times when jobs are short in supply and during these times, we don’t earn anything. We eat up our savings just to survive until the next job comes along.

During these times, we find that we have a lot of free time. I spend a lot of that free time on Facebook playing scrabble with my friends, especially fellow freelancers, and chatting. So considering that I have a lot of free time on my hands, joining the 4Life Research business opportunity is a good thing for me. It keeps me busy and I get to do something to supplement my income.

Anyway, as I was chatting with this friend about the business, she asked me, “When will you be satisfied with your life?” I just blurted out a response without actually thinking about it. My initial response was when I can spend time with a loved one, watching tv together, doing things together, and not having to worry about any major problems, especially financial problems.

Then, as I was showering, I remembered where I got that image. It’s from the movie “Notting Hill” featuring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. Right at the end of the movie, there was this scene where they were sitting on a bench in a park, kids playing around them, he was reading a book while she was going through a magazine. It was as if they didn’t have a worry in the world. I’d be satisfied with that.

And when I thought real hard about it, I realized I’m on the right track to achieving that. I realized that no other business would be able to give me that kind of freedom. I could work for someone for 30 years, rising in rank and salary, and still will never achieve that. Network Marketing is the only business that could help me achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment