Thursday, February 19, 2009

If I have been of service, if I have glimpsed more of the nature and essence of ultimate good, if I am inspired to reach wider horizons of thought and action, if I am at peace with myself, it has been a successful day.
- Alex Noble

A week ago, I was at this mamak stall talking to a prospect about the business I was doing, the 4Life Research Business. There was a slight lull in the conversation and I started to look around. I saw a lot of people, different races, different ages, some were single and were hanging out with their friends while others came with their spouses and kids.

I looked at this table next to mine, there were 3 people at that table. They were probably in their mid 20's and were sitting there playing cards while chatting. I think they were waiting for a fourth friend to join them. At another table, a young couple was sitting down having dinner while trying to feed their child (Not easy, been there. I used to take turns eating).

After surveying my surroundings, I looked at my prospect and I said to him, "Most of the people here, will probably still be here in 2 years time. They'll be doing the same thing, work 9 to 5, and come to this mamak to just hanging out". Then I asked him "Where are you going to be in 2 years time?"

He looked a bit stumped. He didn't really know what how to answer that question. So I told him where I thought I was going to be in 2 years time.

"I will come back to this mamak from time to time. I have friends who like to hangout here. But I won't be working 9 to 5. I won't be slaving myself just to make someone else rich. I will be financially independent. I'm going to work this business for 2 years. What I know, after 2 years, I will earn enough from this business for me to live comfortably, buy whatever I want, eat in fancy restaurants, travel whenever and wherever I want. I won't have to worry about money anymore as I will be earning a considerable residual income from the business that I'm doing now. That is where I'm going to be"

So where are you going to be in 2 years time?

1 comment:

  1. I will be a Platinum International Diamond in 2 years time! (",)

    ReplyDelete