Sunday, February 22, 2009

Missed Opportunities

“When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.”
– Alexander Graham Bell

I often spend time looking back at the opportunities that I was given in the past. All those career decisions that I made, the ones that if I decided another way, would have put me in a totally different position compared to the one I am in now.

To be honest, I regret making some of the decisions that I made in the past.. When I look back, I look at the turning points in my life. There weren’t that many opportunities in my past, which could have made me a different person, but I guess I made the wrong choice in all of them.

Another thing I realized, that while I was looking back at all these missed opportunities, I missed other opportunities. I spent too much time wallowing in self-pity for missing a golden opportunity, that I didn’t see another one presenting itself in front of me.

Now, I no longer want to look back as often as I did. What happened in the past is in the past. True, things could have been different. But there’s no point regretting the past. Learn from it. Learn from your mistakes. Don’t discard any opportunity just because you thought at that time, it wasn’t a good idea or it wasn’t for you. You will never know until you try. There are so many opportunities waiting for you out there. Grab one and go with it.



This is the opportunity I took. Click here to check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment