Sunday, February 1, 2009

It was a great win....

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I haven’t really done much about my 4Life Research business over the weekend. I’ve just been looking over my strategy and trying to iron out all the potential problems that I might encounter. I know I will face a lot of problems over the next few months, but after giving it a lot of thought, I’ve decided to cross that bridge when I come to it.

What I actually did instead was to watch lots of football. Since I joined 4Life Research, I haven’t really had the opportunity to watch football much as I’ve been busy going around talking to people about the product. So, last weekend, I decided I should get back to one of my favorite weekend past time activities, hanging around at mamak stalls for hours while watching football (Ok, so last night I wasn’t at a mamak stall with my regular Nescafe tarik. I was at the Ship sipping The ‘O’ chilled instead).

I’ve been a supporter of Liverpool since I was 12. That was way back during the gory days of Liverpool when they won almost every trophy they were competing in. Nowadays, it’s pretty much a struggle. This season is probably the best chance they have of picking up the Premier League trophy in a long time.

Anyway, I was watching the Liverpool vs Chelsea game last night. For a Liverpool fan, it was a great game. I thought the best we could get out of it was a draw and we’d end up being 4 points behind Man U. But Torres came up with the goods at the end and we ended up 2 goal winners.

One of the things that struck me throughout the game was how much we under rate Jamie Carragher’s contribution in the Liverpool line up. He is the core of the Liverpool defence. He provides the strength and intelligence to the back four. He marshals the defence the way a general would direct an attack on opposing forces. But the most important thing, he represents the heart and soul of the club.

Then it dawned upon me that he is to Liverpool what Transfer Factors are to our immune system. It provides our immune system with the intelligence to react whenever our body is under threat from external factors. It tells our immune system when to react, how to react and when to rest. It is the heart and soul of our immune system.

I guess the biggest difference in this analogy between Carragher and what he does for Liverpool and transfer factor and what it does for our immune system is that everyone in the footballing world knows about Carragher and a lot of people realize his importance to the club. As for transfer factors, not many people know of its existence and even less know about it’s importance.


No comments:

Post a Comment