Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Overcoming Fear

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.
- Elbert Hubbard


Emotion affects people in very different ways. All the different types of emotions can be either good for a person or bad for them. The reaction depends a lot on 2 things, the individual concerned and the circumstances under which the emotion was provoked.

Love, Hate, Courage, Fear, Satisfaction, Displeasure and all other emotions will affect us one way or another. Some people will be spurred by love, inspired by it and others will be more relaxed. Some people will express their outrage in anger, others will be withdrawn and hide their true feelings. We all react differently.

Fear, has always been a powerful emotion. They say that in face of fear, people can work miracles. In one case, I heard about, a mother lifted a car on her own fearing for the safety of her child. It is a powerful emotion and in being such a powerful emotion, it is also a dangerous one.

Everyone has something that they fear. I have never met a person who is fearless. When you listen or read about famous legends, warriors from the past, they are described as being fearless. But those great warriors still encountered fear, maybe not on the battlefield, but other in aspects of their lives.

I know some people who have a fear rejection. I myself used to have a fear of rejection. I would be apprehensive when talking to a woman because I was afraid of being rejected. I would wait and wait and wait before I would make a move, but then that would usually be too late. Even when meeting new people, I would not say much to that person because I was afraid that he or she might reject me as a friend. I’ve lived with this fear for a long time.

But now, I’ve overcome that fear. I never thought that by joining the 4Life Research business, I’d be able to overcome this fear. I’ve noticed that everybody who attends the training sessions will find their characters improve in 2 very important areas. Confidence and Fear. I’ve watched my friends’ confidence increase as the weeks go by and their fear reduced. They now have a more confident aura and they face the challenges of building this business head on.

As for me, I never lacked confidence. But I still had my fears. After 2 full months in this business and going through all the training session, I am tackling my fear of rejection and I’m coming out on top. Now, I’ve developed a new attitude. I no longer care if a person rejects me. It is their loss. I know who I am and what I am capable of. If someone were to reject me, they should feel sorry for themselves and not me as I have confidence in myself.

This business has helped me overcome my biggest fear. The FEAR OF REJECTION. What can it do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment