Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I finally realized it...

First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do.

Epictetus


There are times when I get into this lazy mood and I feel like not doing anything. I guess everybody gets them. You just feel like you don’t want to do anything at all. You wake up feeling like you want to go back to bed. You’ve got to literally force yourself into the shower, get ready and make that long 1 hour drive to work. Then once you reach the office, you switch on the computer, and you feel as if you can’t think. Your mind is blank and you end up staring at a blank screen for about an hour. Eventually, you force yourself to do something, anything, as long as it can be construed as work.

Today was one such day. The difference is, when I woke up this morning and I felt like I wanted to go back to bed, I did. I didn’t have to force myself to shower, get ready or drive to work (I haven’t driven to work in a long time). I didn’t have to do all that. I love this business. I get to do it anytime I want to.

But that’s not the point of this story anyway. So moving on, whenever I get into one of these lazy moods, it would normally take me three days to recover from it. For 3 days, I’d be sitting around without doing anything much, watching TV, eat and sleep. It would take something or someone really, really special to break me out of this mood.

But ever since I started this business, I’ve noticed something different. You see, today I was in a lazy mood since this morning. I woke up at 7.30, and immediately went back to be. Woke up again at 9.30, and even though I was online, I wasn’t doing anything productive for most of the day. I was supposed to set up an appointment with a prospect for this afternoon, which I eventually did at lunch time. I didn’t do much else.

Like I said, under normal circumstances, I would be in this kind of mood for 3 days or more. But just as I was about to go out to meet the prospect that I had arranged to meet earlier on, I saw this message in my inbox from one of my social networking sites. The sender, wanted to know more about the business. So I replied by telling him a few things on the product and I ended the message by giving him my Yahoo Messenger Id.

Next thing I knew, he added me on Yahoo Messenger and started to ask more about the business. He wanted to find out about the compensation plan, which I didn’t have time to explain because of the appointment I already had made (But I promised to email him the plan). As I signed out of Yahoo Messenger, I noticed that my mood had brightened up a bit.

The prospect that I was supposed to meet arrived late. As I was sitting there waiting for him to arrive, I realized that I was starting to get excited. I started to realize that I was excited about the prospect of presenting the business opportunity to someone. I was then that I realized that this business is definitely for me. I used to have some doubts about that. But now, no more doubts. Let me say that again, THIS BUSINESS IS DEFINITELY FOR ME.

Now, I guess you must be wondering why this is important. I’ll explain all this in my next post. You see, the whole morning while I was in my lazy mood, I decided to at least try and do 1 thing that was productive. So I downloaded an e-book from the internet (I was too lazy to read a proper book. E-books are usually shorter and I could finish them within a couple of hours). I found this interesting book entitled “7 Steps to Success”. Now some of you might be going “Not another self help book”. But this book I would say is a bit of an inspiration. All would be explained in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment