Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going to deeper waters...

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything."
- Vincent van Gogh


I got another email from CrossingTheGoal this morning and found it to be more interesting reading. So once again, since I haven’t got a clue what to write today, I thought I might as well rewrite the email and post it to my blog.

The gist of the email is about taking risks in life. You see, most of us live our lives in shallow waters. We go through life just staying in the shallow part of the waters, not having to take risks and eventually, our lives become a daily routine of monotonous activities. We live our lives in a state of boredom and we become content with the direction of our lives.

I remember when we were kids, our teachers and parents would ask us, what do we want to be when we grew up. I know for most guys, their favourite was to become a pilot or an engineer or a doctor (I remember 1 kid in my class said he wanted to be Superman). But as we grew up, like our bodies and our beliefs, our dreams changed too. Some dreamt of being millionaires (I looked this up in Tagged. You’d be surprised at how many people listed “To become a Millionaire” as their dream). Others dreamt of having a comfortable life and a great family.

Most of us started our careers with these kind of dreams. But as time goes by, some of us realize that we will never achieve these dreams if we’re working for other people. So, these few, will break away from the norm, move to deeper waters, where the risk is great but the rewards are justified. It takes a lot of courage to move to deeper waters and face the challenges and the perils thrown at them. Some will not survive. But if you are determined enough, and you work hard enough, you will get through those challenges. You will find that dreams can come true.

I’ve taken up this calling. I’ve decided to move to deeper waters. The path I’ve chosen might not be the path others would choose, but each must follow his own path. If you work hard enough, you are determined enough and you are passionate about your chosen path, then greatness awaits you.

This is my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment