Thursday, December 18, 2008

A bit more about me...

Before I start telling you more about what 4 life's Transfer Factors does for me, let me tell you a bit more about myself. I'm 38, divorced, and live with my mom (All that isn't relevant except for my age. The rest is self promotion). My family, my mom and dad that is, has a history of diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. As all these are hereditary health problems, sooner or later, I'll probably get one of them.

Apart from having a high risk of getting these health problems, I also tend to add to the risk by some of the things I do and don't do. First of all, I'm a smoker. I have been one for the last 27 years. I started when I was 11 (I wasn't a serious smoker then) and for the last 15 years or so, I've been on 2 packs per day. I was on 3 packs per day at one point in my life, but that was only for a period of 2 years.

Besides being a smoker, I also tend to-indulge myself when it comes to eating. I eat almost everything. I don't count calories, I don't refrain myself from eating too much, I eat high cholesterol foods, everything. (At point of writing, I just finished stuffing my face with a french toast with peanut butter on the inside and drenched in butter and honey).

I also have a sweet tooth, which isn't very good since I do have a high sugar level. Whenever I go for a buffet lunch, most of my trips to the buffet table would be for dessert. Only one trip would be for th main meal, and the rest would be for anything sweet. I also have an addiction to caffeine. I consume about 8 cups of coffee per day (I have cut it down to about 4 right now).

Apart from these potential problems which I am creating myself, I also have problems sleeping at night. This started since my divorce 4 years ago. I currently get about 4 or 5 hours sleep per night every night. So I don't get enough rest.

Any other person, given these circumstances, would probably exercise more to maintain some semblance of health. Not me. Over the last 15 years, I've never been to a gym, and I can count with my fingers the number of times I've gone jogging. However, recently, I've taken up walking up hills at the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia forest reserve here in Kuala Lumpur as a form of exercise. It's a pretty steep climb and quite long so I do get a decent workout out of it.

So that's most of what I can tell you about the present me. The future me, well lets see how 4life's Transfer Factors works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment